Felt faint at the gym today


harishchandragad trek

Today was the dreaded leg day. I’m not new to the gym by any means but I am new to taking it super serious by that I mean planning workouts, dieting, supplements, etc. I’ve also started taking preworkout.

The salesperson said to start off with a half scoop and work your way up and that I might feel a tingly feeling when it kicks in. I took half scoops for the first few days. I did feel a bit more energetic but not a lot and didn’t feel that tingly feeling.

I had three packets of quackers oatmeal along with a glass of milk for breakfast and a full scoop of preworkout and headed off for the gym. A few minutes I got there that tingly feeling kicked in. I started by stretching and warming up and then began my work out. I started light and worked my way up to heavy. Once I started on the heavy stuff I started feeling faint. After a while I stopped working out because I felt like passing out and waited a bit, then I drove home.

When I got home I took my bp which came to 137/81 (normally 130/70) and hr which came to 100 (normally 60). I suspected low bp since my heart rate was high but nothing out of the ordinary for have just had an energy boosting supplement.

My next guess what may have caused it is a may not have eaten a large enough breakfast. I also have no history of cardiac conditions or any other diseases. The only thing I take meds for is depression.

Anybody else had this happen to them? Or any other guesses what may have happened?

submitted by /u/austinh1999
[link] [comments]

Comments